Wednesday 27 November 2013

A further quick note on Steam & Aether.


For those that have not read the background story or followed my project, the miniatures that I've spent so long making and developing are designed to represent the first two opposing sides for the ruleset and world setting that I've been working on for that past year or so, the eponymous "Steam and Aether".
 For a tabletop wargame I've always wanted a set of rules that are simple to learn yet aren't boring or too generic and so that's what I've set out to create. The game will be powered by  just a couple of easy mechanics allowing you to focus on play and narrative.  I'm currently playtesting the rules but I hope to release a "beta" version within 6 months for anyone interested. Mark Latham will be on board to help me develop the rules further and set them out the way a veteran games developer knows best. I intend to make the rules freely available in PDF form to everyone once they're ready and have an online "living rulebook" incorporating player feedback where suitable. I'm not going to give much more away at the moment but stay tuned, I'll be keeping you all up to date.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely interested in the rules. Between yours and West Winds kickstarter and my already stupidly large collection VSF/gothic figures and vehicles, I'm hoping for a set which can handle more than a few figures per side but still has room for some personalities and characters. Empire of the Dead and IHMN are fine but they are very much skirmish games. I wish you luck with the project and would be up for a bit of playtesting if it helps.

    ReplyDelete